when the early afternoon light was warming my room.
in my drowsy state of sleep I thought my brother had come home.
my throat was sore, nose congested- all I knew was I felt unusually sleepy after breakfast and prayer.
He walked in and stood on the right side of my bed and bent over, lightly touching his forehead to mine.
His hand was on my arm, as though checking my temperature
I did not have the fever. His palm was warm against the crook of my arm.
Sleep pulled up over me again like a blanket.
I woke up in the dream, aware that someone had just come into my room, and I had proof (a tweezer in my hand?)
I woke again, in the exact same position on the bed, with my room as it was in the dream.
The sore throat was gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment